[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Cubic Matter • View topic - Sauerbraten File Screwed Up

Sauerbraten File Screwed Up

Other creations.
Scripts, Textures, Code, Sky-boxes, Models, ...

Sauerbraten File Screwed Up

Postby AtlasSteal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Not Able to Find Screenshots/Maps:
According to the FAQ on the Cube Wiki, these files are found like this: "~Library/Application Support/sauerbraten/." Problem is, Sauerbraten does not exist in my Application Support folder. Way back when Trooper was the current edition of Sauer, a menu would open up as soon as I opened the application. There were a few buttons, one in particular being the "Show User Game Files" which brought me the location of screenshots and maps. However, since Justice, this menu does not appear and instead goes straight to the game as soon as I open the application. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what is wrong here. I did NOT move any files since my download and I have had this problem since Justice Edition.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 10.12.52 AM.png
(It says it automatically created an autoexec.cfg "in ~Library/Application Support/sauerbraten" which does not even exist for me.)
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 10.12.52 AM.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 1739 times

Cannot Edit/Mod Anything in My Packages Folder:
This is also been a reoccurring problem since Justice Edition. The exact directory which I'm referring to is the one that houses all gamedata like textures, models, etc.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 9.52.55 AM.png
(According to the Cube Wiki, there should be another file in the "gamedata" folder named "sauerbraten.app" which clearly is NOT there. Not sure how relevant that is; it is more of just a sidenote.)
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 9.52.55 AM.png (84.85 KiB) Viewed 1741 times

I cannot add/delete any files within the contents of the "Contents" folder; I cannot add textures, reskin anything, or add in my own models. I have asked about this in the past, but got little feedback. I'm guessing that's just due to the lack of knowledge. However, I would LOVE to bring this problem to light. I do not know what is wrong. I was able to do it for some time Justice, but then suddenly out of nowhere, I was not able to add/delete files from the "Contents" folder. That was a totally separate computer, as this current download of Sauer (Collect Edition) is new to my computer (did not transfer any files).

Like I said above, these could be just a personal issues of mine, but I believe I have done NOTHING manually to cause them. ANY help is appreciated and I understand there is already limited knowledge of Sauerbraten on Mac.
We will not be broken.
Seems like a 9c6 error to me.
AtlasSteal

Re: Sauerbraten File Screwed Up

Postby nitro » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:13 pm

U seem not to have permissions to this folder, Google how to access it to ur profile, and don't use Mac anyways.
nitro

Re: Sauerbraten File Screwed Up

Postby AtlasSteal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah I figured that may be a problem. However, I cannot change my permissions. For some reason, it does not give me to power to change me permissions. However, it says I have permission to "Read and Write" but then it also says I only have permission to "Read." I don't know what the deal is.

EDIT:
Apparently I can change the permissions of other folders. However, it will not let me change the permissions to my "Contents" folder.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 12.09.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 12.09.26 PM.png (21.26 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
We will not be broken.
Seems like a 9c6 error to me.
AtlasSteal

Return to Misc