[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Cubic Matter • View topic - Politics

Politics

For topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Politics

Postby Cooper » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 pm

I noticed that Doom is actually quite interested in politics or at least he seems to be :D Me myself am also very interested in politics are about the way our society works and manages itself.

What about you other guys? Do you bother about what's going on in real life society? Which political direction are you supporting?
Logic will bring you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Re: Politics

Postby Footknight » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:10 am

Politics... I don't think you want me to start on that... The way I see it, sure, running a country/economy/society is not an easy job. On another note, those in power make it far harder for themselves then it really should be. I don't know if you've studied anything of Canadian politics but our government is a massive joke... Let's see, our previous prime minister who we just voted out had some stupid ideas involving trading with other countries around the world and not realizing how much he is actually fucking the Canadian economy... We now sell almost all our resources to countries like USA and China. They manufacture various things, as in nearly everything we buy and consume on a daily basis. We then buy back all of that crap for twice what we paid to sell it. The manufacturing sucks ass, so products are BS. On top of that, our government in their brilliant thinking then add taxes and random extra costs to nearly everything. Our prime minister makes roughly 300,000 a year... so they say. Yet in a 10 year term he hauled in nearly 10 million dollars for his own personal spending! He is greedy and literally steals from the people. He and a bunch of his goons went on a 5 star trip to the bahamas and other various places.. and guess who pays for all of that? the tax-payers! Bullshit!

I won't get too pissy here but seeing as politics is the topic my argument is this: They are greedy cunts who manipulate the people into believing their schemes. They make life far harder for them and as such harder for the people. They have caused too massive of a divide between rich and poor and have unbalanced the economy. People no longer have a say in what goes on and that is not right. The people put the government in place and should realize that still have the control! If it wasn't for the 99%, the 1% wouldn't have the power and control that they have.

I keep saying "I like trains" quoting a line from ASDFMovie... but in reality, trains are a genius way to transport heaps of goods across massive land such as Canada. Our government fails to realize this, shuts down the rail companies and forces everything to be done by truck, which jams up highways and makes it hell for everyone... That and general transportation in Canada is horseshit. The costs are rape and the travel times and routes are not logical. If you wanted to fly from British Columbia (western-most province) to Nova Scotia (Eastern-most province) it would cost 1000s of dollars and take hours and hours... it is cheaper to drive down to the states, say Washington State, fly to New York and drive up into Nova Scotia... flying in Canada, forget it! There is no high speed trains in Canada. A massive country like this and there are no mag-lev type trains to blast people across the country? Why the hell not?

Trains would pay for themselves in no time. The amount of people that would use them would be no trouble at all to cover the costs. Government fails to realize this. Instead they spend tons of money trying to maintain highways through the mountains that get destroyed by our rather intense winter weather.

I could rage on and on... but I think you get the point!
ImageImageImage
Footknight

Postby Death14 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am

Down in Australia we mock all our Prime Ministers;

Julia Gillard:
- Because she had red hair.

Tony Abbott:
- Because his last name rhymes with "faggot" and "rabbit"
- "stop the boats" "stop the boats"
- "shit happens"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjnHoFQWQg

Malcolm TurnBull, who recently got elected in:
- Only one we've came up with so far is: "Malcomb Turn-ballsack"

However, Politics is a serious topic and it should be enforced that we get more educated on the matter so we can elect a prime minister that lasts.
“Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.”
Death14

Postby Zoocata » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:49 pm

People in America vote for a candidate because of their sociopolitical viewpoints and not because of their ability to run a country. This is because post WW2 foreign policy is a steaming load of bullshit, so no one from the past couple generations knows how to properly handle foreign assets which is what America has done since the beginning of time.
"It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."
Zoocata

Postby Footknight » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 pm

ImageImageImage
Footknight

Postby Doom32 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Speaking of Canada trying to do trade, just recently our president rejected the Keystone XL pipeline, which I'm totally in favor of, because I'm an environmentalist.

I dream of a better world... A world where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.
Doom32

Postby Doom32 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm

I dream of a better world... A world where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.
Doom32

Postby Death14 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:31 am

Haven't heard much news of the new guy yet! Hopefully not too bad!
“Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.”
Death14

Postby Cooper » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:18 am

Well our main topics in Germany right now are the Euro crisis and the refugee crisis. All rules that were once set up in the EU were ignored so far. Limitation of debt, limitation of exports/imports, limitation of new credits, not talking over the debt of other nations, securing the outside borders of the EU, taking care of refugee in the country where they land first, refuse illigal imigration...our chancellor Angela Merkel seems like she is just acting when she has to and has no plan or any idea of what the future will look like. She rather administrates the crisis rather than taking counter measures. Specially concerning the refugee crisis, Germany is all alone in the EU with its politics of having the borders open for everyone without having an effective system for denying entry to unwanted person.
We do not have a clear regulation of our immigration and we do not have the abilities to get people out that we would not like to have in the country.

Since WWII we also have a very strong minority in the country that is allergic to anything related to "the nation Germany", they would rather like to see the state dissolve into nothing but love between all nationalities, religions, genders etc. That illusional/unrealistic idea controls their politic actions and proves not practicable at all times.
Anyway, times are slowly changing and critical voices are now being heard since even Sweden, which takes even more refugees per inhabitant than Germany, had to establish border patrols which was unimaginable a few months ago in the EU.
This year Germany has had roughly 1 Million refugees after 200.000 already last year.

Since Germany and the EU started "helping" Greece, the debt has grown from 130% of GDP to nearly 200% of GDP of Greece, 25% unemplyement rate today, even 50% in the group of under 18.
So I am a conservative/liberal guy that urges the government to finally establish a simple, comprehensible and executable immigration law in our country and let Greece leave the Euro zone so they can finally get back on their feed.
Logic will bring you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Postby b4IkLu » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:45 pm

politics hmmmm i would love to see more honesty like this and less deception
Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
Marcus Aurelius
b4IkLu

Return to Random Stuff