[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Cubic Matter • View topic - Cubic Matter is alive!

Cubic Matter is alive!

Politics...

Cubic Matter is alive!

Postby Cooper » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 pm

SirAlex and I decided to leave Sauerbraten. Many people seem to feel like this a threat to our clan. But is it?

There hasn't been a lot of forum activity for the last few weeks but now that some of us stop playing Sauerbraten...I suddenly see vonix again! I can't remember when I last saw him ingame or even editing. Twig said "What a bummer" but I haven't been editing with him since I came back from my voyage last year. RansomSubject has a massive hole in his stomach..but I haven't seen him editing ingame for many months. Pat himself says that he isn't editing alot anymore because of school stuff, the last thing I remember seeing him doing in Sauerbraten was editing kopenhagen...a cm|project that is dead for more than half a year. AtlasSteal is wondering if "that was it" and I desperatly try to remember if I ever saw him in Sauerbraten since October 2010. SirAlex hasn't been editing in Sauerbraten for estimated more than a whole year.
And now I see you guys saying that him and myself leaving Sauerbraten could mean the death of Cubic Matter. :lol:

Sauerbraten was the game that brought us together but it is not the game that will seperate us.
What is happning is the next step of development, our clan is not a group of Sauerbraten players but a group of friends, Sauerbraten is one of the games we like to play but it is nothing we depend on.
Ac created cm edition, adding many features to the Sauerbraten game, stuff that is useful and modififed the game the way we wanted it. Ac and Wrack created electronics in Sauerbraten, we had fun creating actually working electric components and elements ingame, now how much does this have to do with the original Sauerbraten game?
We were playing Hide and Seek, a game that barely has to do with the basic shoot and kill stuff from the original game.
Ac also created MiniGolf for Sauerbraten...golf in a shooter! Chris had fun creating all kinds of fractals, Wrack created marching cubes to create truly amazing statues in Sauerbraten, SirAlex has a maze generator, there's a terrain generator...this was all made with Sauerbraten, that is true.
But what made us interested, what made us talk with each other, made us argue, discuss, meet in the forum and familiar to each other was the creativity, our own creations and our community.
Many cm|members, together with tons of ancient Sauerbraten players are playing minecraft. Wrack, Chris and I,(and soon b4iKlu) are playing Battlefield 3, some of us shortly played OpenTTD, still we are all here in this forum.
If we stick with Sauerbraten only and ignore the need for something new to share our creativity, to have fun together and to have a bigger variety, our lovely clan will descend.
Don't let Cubic Matter depend on Sauerbraten, let it depend on ourselves.
Let's stick together, let us spread and enrich our community!

Or: Wtf, don't give a sh*t on Sauerbraten, we are more than that!
This does not mean that I want to exclude Sauerbraten players <3
And of course I don't leave this clan.
Logic will bring you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Re: Cubic Matter is alive!

Postby shuzomi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Haha Cooper, you talk like a poet :D
I agree with you, but I only play one online game: Sauerbraten
If you guys play bf3, minecraft or other games, ill be the last one (maybe 2 or 3 others cm| will continue playing sauer) who plays sauer...
That doesn't mean i feel like im the only one who is active on sauer but almost...

Thanks for reading,
SuperMan
If you hit a wall, hit it hard
shuzomi

Postby Sky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 pm

stop inviding us with panic, no one live! all stay on their place, i have a bomb! and a gun. xD :ugeek:

Whats a point "to live" u can every time press "sauer icon" and join to server, as i do xD
Sky

Postby AtlasSteal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 am

That's true Cooper. But I have seen you since October of 2010, trust me. I've only thought about cubicmatter as a Sauer clan, but not as a community of friends. But what other games allow us to share our creativity like Sauer? I know we will find some, but I may not be able to follow. BF3 and Minecraft work better on Windows; I can barely ever play minecraft and when I do, it's like a one time thing. Then I'll have to turn off my computer if I want to join another server and BF3 doesn't even work on mac. I've played OpenTTD, but it doesn't really allow creativity. I'm not trying to be stubborn or ignorant here, if that's what it seems like. I'm just worried about CubicMatter's future. What's next?
We will not be broken.
Seems like a 9c6 error to me.
AtlasSteal

Postby Cooper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 am

I don't see the problem, there's still enough Sauerbraten players - it's not like SirAlex and I are dead just because we don't play Sauer activly anymore and the others are still having fun together ^^
-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Postby Pat61 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 am

http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php?topic=716.0

MH is merging with MX.
TR merged with Yo a while back and is now folding till after next release.

It looks like the only big clans left on Saur are cm| and MH. Oh and according to TechCC, everyone hates cm| because of our egos... xD and apparently half the clan is cool and half isn't xD.
Pat61

Postby Bosurgi725 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 am

Yeah, I hear that all the time about cm|, people do say stuff like the members are stuck up, or have big egos or whatever, I honestly don't see it, there is an acceptable standard in place for cm and I guess people take that the wrong way, it probably stems from people not being able to take constructive criticism of their work and such. I have never had a problem with any members of cm, and I wish you guys the best of luck in sticking together, regardless of if Sauer is a platform for that.
Bosurgi725

Postby Cooper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 am

You shouldn't worry about people "hating" cm. They are people who are disliked by others anyway or people who were not able to join this clan ^^
-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Postby Pat61 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:00 am

Pat61

Postby Cooper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 am

-Albert Einstein
Cooper

Next

Return to Government